How do you relax when you are stressed? How do you get rid of the stiffness from your body? You can always try the Preparing Stance form from Yang Style Tai Chi. You can stand this form for 5 minutes, it will help you relax your body. To help with your preparing form totally relaxed, I've enclosed my Yang Style Tai Chi Class notes 1 (which I prepared for my beginner Tai Chi class), you can check from top to bottom of your body. Basically you need to stand up, two arms hanging beside your body; eyes looking forward, feet parallel.
Points to remember:
1. Imagine there is a string hanging on top of you head
2. Eyes looking straight forward, don’t look up or down.
3. Mouth lightly open.
4. Tongue supports the roof of your mouth.
5. Chin tucked in.
6. Neck relaxed
7. Don’t raise shoulders
8. Arms naturally hanging beside your body
9. Leaving space between arm pits.
10. Palms relaxed, Space between fingers
11. Dan Tian ( Red Field, about three finger widths below and two finger widths behind the navel) shirks in.
12. Waist relaxed
13. Butt tucked in
14. Two feet parallel, as wide as your shoulders, don’t pivot them or in or out.
15. Make sure you feel your whole body relaxed
16. Check this list one more time to make sure you have everything right to the point.
After you make sure you have all your points checked twice. Try to empty your mind. Let your body stay in this form for at least 5 minutes.
Copyright Huan's Tai Chi 09